<body>

Y
Great pop music, from wherever and whenever.



The Blogger


split chick

email me



Links


last.fm
Popjustice
SparkPop
POPtastic
Don't Stop The Pop
I'm Always Right
Into The Groove
Dirrrty Pop
Dancing with the Ciccone Robots
Cure for Bedbugs
Chart Rigger
Pop Eats Pop
Zappin' it to ya
XO's Middle Eight
PosterGirl
TattleTart
Spicy Scoop
The Hotstuff Files (RIP)


Recently


Way back then


February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007



Credits

Designer: Tammy

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Powered by Blogger






Friday, March 03, 2006


Sorry for not posting for a few days! I've been busy for a few days searching for certain songs I swear I had, plus other stuff. But I guess i'll just bite the bullet and continue. 1999 was a huge year for Max Martin. *NSYNC kept riding the success of their debut, and he was instrumental in the astonishing success of a young singer named Britney Spears (more on her next post). It was also the year the Backstreet Boys took it to another level. Their second U.S. album (and third international CD), Millennium, dropped in '99, and shattered the record for the highest first week sales of any album. It was well deserved, IMO.




I Want It That Way (Morales Club Mix) - One of the classic pop singles of all time, and just as good seven years after it was released. It's a catchy song in any form, as this remix proves. David Morales is best known for doing lots of amazing remixes for Mariah Carey. Unlike his work with Mariah, BSB didn't record their vocals, but he worked extremely well with the original acapella. Jack D. Elliot did a good remix too, which is available on the soundtrack to the teen flick Drive Me Crazy. I believe this mix only appeared on an extremely rare import CD single, which I don't actually own
Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely (Jason Nevins Mix) - The original is a touching, quality ballad with amazing production, strings, and vocals. The music video is a tribute to Max Martin's collaborator and close friend, Denniz PoP, who unfortunately died of cancer in 1998. I chose this version because it's rarer. It's not a dance remix, but slightly more upbeat with more beats. I swear I remember hearing it on the radio once in early 2000, on Power 96 before they became all rap all the time.

I used to have this extended-type remix of "It's Gotta Be You", a cool album track, but I lost it and can't find it anywhere, unfortunately...if I manage to acquire it again one day i'll upload it for you guys. Please forgive me. :(


Last Updated @ 6:59 PM
0 comments
Y