<body>

Y
Great pop music, from wherever and whenever.



The Blogger


split chick

email me



Links


last.fm
Popjustice
SparkPop
POPtastic
Don't Stop The Pop
I'm Always Right
Into The Groove
Dirrrty Pop
Dancing with the Ciccone Robots
Cure for Bedbugs
Chart Rigger
Pop Eats Pop
Zappin' it to ya
XO's Middle Eight
PosterGirl
TattleTart
Spicy Scoop
The Hotstuff Files (RIP)


Recently


Way back then


February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007



Credits

Designer: Tammy

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Powered by Blogger






Saturday, August 12, 2006

I can't believe i'm wasting my 50th post on this skank, but here goes. Everybody knows "Stars are Blind" by now, which wasn't nearly as horrible as I was expecting. Anyway, the album Paris has leaked, and most of it is horrible. Her over Scott Storch hip hop tracks is hilariously bad, the one ballad is extremely ill-advised, and the less said about her cover of "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy", the better. But probably because the girl is so damn rich that she can afford decent producers and songwriters, she even managed to get a few better than decent tracks out of it.


Nothing in this World - Written and produced by Dr. Luke, but not another in the procession of "Since U Been Gone" clones. It's more electronic/dance influenced. Apparently this is going to be the next single. It has the typical lyrical content of this album (i.e. Paris Hilton is really sexy), but it's tolerable with the hook.

Screwed - Different from the remixes that were out a few years back, it's great dance/rock. It has a great melody and was co-written by pop impresario Kara DioGuiardi. The title has obvious implications, but the song really has nothing to do with the sex tape unless you read into it a lot. It just makes me want to hear Hailey Duff's version more.

I Want You - This is all right; I don't really like it that much, though it's grown on me. It's mainly notable for sampling Frankie Valli's "Grease", and was produced by the same guy that did Rihanna's "SOS", so he's very adept at using samples. Pure cheese. There are some decent belted vocals at the end that I swear aren't actually her.

If this post saves one person from buying her album and putting more money into her useless coffers, I did my job. (Lest you think it's solely my bias, listen to the whole album here.)


Last Updated @ 1:00 PM
3 comments
Y