<body>

Y
Great pop music, from wherever and whenever.



The Blogger


split chick

email me



Links


last.fm
Popjustice
SparkPop
POPtastic
Don't Stop The Pop
I'm Always Right
Into The Groove
Dirrrty Pop
Dancing with the Ciccone Robots
Cure for Bedbugs
Chart Rigger
Pop Eats Pop
Zappin' it to ya
XO's Middle Eight
PosterGirl
TattleTart
Spicy Scoop
The Hotstuff Files (RIP)


Recently


Way back then


February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007



Credits

Designer: Tammy

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Powered by Blogger






Monday, September 18, 2006

Just kidding. But this girl deserves to have the #1 single this week. I have no clue how she could barely scrape the top 10. (Maybe it was the cameo appearance of furries in the video that turned off buyers?) A lot of people have probably heard Jamelia's new album Walk With Me by now, even though it doesn't drop for another month or two. Hopefully this isn't a repeat Rachel Stevens situation (No. 10 placing, extremely advanced leak, album bombing). Jamelia has more media buzz; i've even seen her on the cover of UK Cosmopolitan imported into Waldenbooks.

Window Shopping - Hot uptempo tune. For some reason it kind of reminds me of Mis-Teeq, although a bit more pop. Maybe it's the great sound effects?

No More - Very waltz-sounding midtempo. I actually think the harpsichord backing gets overbearing and a bit annoying at times, but it's very unique for a song in 2006.

Got It So Good
- One of the uplifting r&b pop tracks that have been coming out of the UK for the past year or so. I'd compare it to Maria Lawson's "Sleepwalking" and Simon Webbe's "No Worries", because although it doesn't actually have a sample effect like those do, it has a similar vibe. I love this kind of song, and this is no exception.

La La Love
- This is probably the song on the album that sounds the most like "Something About You", with the rocky influences. The pre-chorus that goes in the chorus is great.

I'm not posting "Beware of the Dog" because a) you've probably already heard it, and b) I want the Brits among here to buy it so she doesn't flop.

Still looking for the Melissa Lefton CD...seems as if i've misplaced it, huge packrat that I am. I'll post whenever I find it. I'm going to keep up this blog, I swear, although sometimes it looks like i'm neglecting it. Also coming soon (whichever definition that is): another batch of pop remixes and Tyler James.

A note to leave on: LaToya Jackson's unreleased album Startin' Over, featuring the hilarious, bad lyric filled single "Just Wanna Dance". Cheesy dance pop with bad vocals and some half-assed melodies. Sure, it sucks, but it can't be any worse than her sister's 20 Y.O. Not that it's ending up on my iPod or anything, but I could see someone out there genuinely enjoying this, and I deal with enough shit for my own music taste without throwing stones. "C'est La Vie" isn't bad in a utterly dated way.


Last Updated @ 7:48 PM
6 comments
Y